prompting for hostname during pre-install script

I have created an autoyast install. Is it possible to prompt for a hostname during pre-install script? If so, please share your code.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
j

The SLES SP3 autoyast documentation which should also work for openSUSE suggests specifying your hostname in an “answer file”
https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles11/singlehtml/book_autoyast/book_autoyast.html#idm140723486884560

TSU

TSU,

Thank you for the response. However, I want to make the hostname be user specified during install. Creating a static entry in the autoyast.xml file will not work for me. I have read the documentation that I can do this by creating a prescript and creating a “/tmp/profile/modified.xml” via this prescript. However, my issue is that my script is not even being run…I think. I couldn’t check this because I cannot change TTYs during install to see the logs or even have a prompt.

Regards,
j

if you check 4.19 in the configuration document that tsu2 linked it explains <ask>
Currently this works for me (Autoyast in 13.2) in the XML tree under <profile> <general> <asklist>

<ask><pathlist config:type="list"><path>networking,dns,hostname</path></pathlist><question>Enter Hostname for PC</question></ask>