Problems with repackaging a source rpm locally ... please help with BuildRequires ! ...

I have setup a local rpm build environment on my machine, in a user home ( not root ) with my rpm macros and the various directories and so on …

I have succeeded in repackaging many source rpm package that did not have the following entry in the spec file : ( BuildRequires : package_needed_name )

When I have that entry in the spec file, how do I make sure the package specified in the “BuildRequires :” is there so I can build the rpm package and the src.package needed !??

where do I put that " package_needed_name " in my local environment setup, do I take the package_needed_name rpm and put it in my BUILD folder or is there some other way for me to do this …
( I have not tried anything yet ! I thought I’d asked first for cues ) ??? …

the package that I am recompiling from source after modification is not building
I get, off course : “error: Failed build dependencies:” after the command : rpmbuild -ba package.spec

Can someone please help me with how do I satisfy the " BuildRequires : " from the spec file in the local environment for rebuilding and repackaging the new rpm & src.rpm package ???

thank you

Don

Just install the required packages on your machine (as root with YaST or zypper) - and add a BuildRequires for that package in you spec file (for future builds).