checking for cxx… no
checking for cc++… no
checking for cl.exe… no
checking for FCC… no
checking for KCC… no
checking for RCC… no
checking for xlC_r… no
checking for xlC… no
checking for C++ compiler default output file name…
configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables

sh install.sh
Installing for user xxxx
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat mplayerplug-in.so': No such file or directory /usr/bin/install: cannot stat mplayerplug-in-wmp.so’: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat mplayerplug-in-qt.so': No such file or directory /usr/bin/install: cannot stat mplayerplug-in-rm.so’: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `mplayerplug-in-dvx.so’: No such file or directory

some info:
INSTALL

Source Code Releases:

The Mozilla developement files are needed to compile this code

To get the Mozilla development files there are two options

1. mozilla-devel package (includes pkg-config files)

2. gecko-sdk

3. The mozilla-devel package may come with your distribution and it is an optional install try using apt-get or yum or your package installer

4. The gecko-sdk can be obtained from mozilla.org (version 1.6 or higher of the SDK are the only ones that work)
    Index of /pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.6
    Extract the tar file in some directory

The GTK development files are needed to compile this code
The X11 development files are needed to compile this code
Xpm development files are needed to compile this code
pkg-config is needed

I have not tried to compile mplayerplug-in from source for many years (last time was around 2005 … ). But since around 2006, if I wanted to rebuild mplayerplug-in I would simply grab an rpm .src file and rebuild it and that was EASY (for me) to do.

If you wished to try that, simple go here: PackMan :: Informationen zum Paket mplayerplug-in and grab the source rpm mplayerplug-in-3.55+cvs20100124-0.pm.3.3.src.rpm and save it to some directory, … say to /home/yourusername.

Open up a terminal, which should automatically open to /home/yourusername, and rebuild the rpm AS A REGULAR USER with:

rpmbuild --rebuild mplayerplug-in-3.55+cvs20100124-0.pm.3.3.src.rpm

and that will tell you immediately what rpms you are missing (if any).

If you are missing any rpms, then go install the rpms that are missing, and try again.

After you succeed with that command, you should have your own rpm properly built for openSUSE-11.4 and located in /usr/src/packages/RPMS/i586 (or may i686) which you can then install off of your hard drive with a zypper or rpm command (using root permissions). And since you installed with an rpm, it will be tracked by the rpm database and it can easily be removed at some time in the future with a zypper command or an rpm command.

I tried to document some of these techniques in this FAQ/GUIDE in our faq/guide section:
openSUSE software installation hints

Do you have the C compiler installed ?

I recommend you install the ‘base development pattern’ with YaST.

ie go to YaST > Software > Software Management > View > Patterns and under ‘Developement’ select the ‘base development’ pattern for installation. That will install a bunch of apps useful and in some cases required for compilation.

And then try again !

checking for C++ compiler default output file name…
configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables

You need C++ compiler try to install gcc45-c++
it is the best for me.
And for C try to install libgcc45

Do not forget to install these

checking for g++… no
checking for c++… no
checking for gpp… no
checking for aCC… no
checking for CC… no
checking for cxx… no
checking for cc++… no
checking for cl.exe… no
checking for FCC… no
checking for KCC… no
checking for RCC… no
checking for xlC_r… no
checking for xlC… no

As oldcpu has suggested.

If you want to just install it , You can get it at the Packman repo.
But if the is a reason for you to compile it. carry on.

What you really need is
gecko-mediaplayer

fengzhureloaded, further to caf4926’s post with an explanation, … the application mplayerplug-in has been depreciated with no further development purportedly taking place, while the plugin development for firefox has switched to gecko-mediaplayer.

hi,
Do not use mplayer plugin, it’s obsolete

install gecko-mediaplayer instead (in the repo)

The gecko-mediaplayer from Red Dwarf’s repo crashes Firefox 4.

There are some references that the gnome-mplayer does not use gsettings.
However, I’m not familiar on how to set it up.

Cheers!

Romanator

HI,
It’s not from Red Dwarf’s repo but packman repo

http://packman.links2linux.org/package/gecko-mediaplayer

There is a mplayer2 that is a fork of mplayer that appears to work fine.

A warning about mplayer2. If one uses mencoder, its not included in mplayer2 (while it is included in mplayer).

I haven’t installed mplayer for years either. However when I have done that successfully in fairly recent years I have done the actual mplayer install via cvs. There are instructions kicking about on the web for doing it that way. It used to be the only way to get a full blown mplayer.

Depends what you want mplayer for really but I recently had a kmail notification sound problem. May seem an odd way of doing it but I decided to fix this by getting kaffeine fully up and running. On 32bit this was easy. Not so now I’m running 64bit so I accepted a meta package off pacman. This looked to be complete disaster but seems to be working now and it did get kmail sound notifications working. The complete disaster may have been fixed by clicking yet another button on the unofficial opensuse site. This one aborted part way through the install. :\ rather hard to say really.

checking for g++… no
checking for c++… no
checking for gpp… no
checking for aCC… no
checking for CC… no
checking for cxx… no
checking for cc++… no
checking for cl.exe… no
checking for FCC… no
checking for KCC… no
checking for RCC… no
checking for xlC_r… no
checking for xlC… no

You can also install qt-creator for that.
With

su
# zypper install qt-creator

And also you can install this devel library

su
# zypper install cmake libqt4-devel

This library includes all libraries for C++ who you need.

I asked because i found this site medilanea.com, a installed those three plugins, gecko-mediaplayer , flash player and real player but it stays still… at least the black screen appears… but those plugins work fine anyway…

That site sucks big time. Personally I wouldn’t waste my time with it.

ok, i just thought it might be possible on watching some TV news from other countries…