Problem with Wine

I have been trying to get a game working with Wine (Fallout 3) and I cannot get it to work. It is supposed to be a really easy install but for some reason I am having an issue that cannot be resolved. I have tried EVERYTHING and I have reinstalled everything in new wine directories several times. I am not sure if the problem is the game or Wine, but the terminal output leads me to believe it is something to do with both. Here is what I get in the terminal when trying to run it:

err:module:import_dll Loading library MSASN1.dll (which is needed by L"C:\windows\system32\xlive.dll") failed (error c0000024).
err:module:import_dll Library xlive.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\home\seth\.wine\drive_c\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Fallout3.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\home\seth\.wine\drive_c\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Fallout3.exe" failed, status c0000135

Both the msasn1 and xlive dll files are in the system32 folder, and both are overridden in winecfg. msasn1 is needed by xlive and xlive is needed by games for windows live which is needed my the game. I do not understand what the issue is, and searching for those error codes did not come up with much. It is like the program can’t see the dlls. This is really frustrating me, especially because it seems to work easily for almost everyone else. Please any help, even if it is based on issues with a different application, would be great.

I am running openSUSE 11.2 with Wine version 1.2.