chainloader (hd0,0)+1

I edited in this way, but still not works

try:

title Windows XP
map (hd0) (hd1)
map (hd1) (hd0)
rootnoverify (hd1,0)
chainloader +1

keep in mind it matters which HD is set to boot first in BIOS and where you put Grub

Partitioning/Install Guide - openSUSE Forums

I have only and internal HD, wich is the wd 250 Gb…(sda1) the other one is and external, usb hd.

In this way windows XP doesn’t boot…It refers that the destination file should be a filepath or something like that.
But the problem is not the boot loader i think…I think that is the opensuse_11.0local.exe file that modified the boot info for booting windows Xp, is not a problem of the bootloader…
I have to see what there is inside the Drive C of windows, but with ubuntu and opensuse I can’t mount the volume…

The official support is only trough the forum?

YES.

Your problem is your limited understanding of Grub and multi-boot setup. I suggest you look again at swerdna’s tutorial
GRUB Boot Multiboot openSUSE Windows (2000, XP, Vista) using the Grub bootloader.

Boot from the suse dvd and install grub again, use suse bootloader and add ubuntu into the menu along with windows.
Place Grub on your MBR of the internal HD

Well, i reinstalled the grub loader…the first time i selected “BOOT FROM MASTER BOOT RECORD”, but opensuse doesn’t boot properly…infact i can only write on a terminal and I can’t do the login…After that, i selected “boot from boot partition” but it doesn’t boot properly, too.
So i can’t log into any O.S installed…

Reinstalled opensuse from scratch…reinstalled grub loader with “boot from mbr” but windows boot, but in the same way: linux installation.

I said that it was not the problem, it was that the windows partition has been modified to boot from the installation tool and not the system…

Who have written OPENSUSE_11.0_local.exe? IT is the program that has provocated all this troubles…
It is in the dvd folder

Did you originally install suse from within windows?

Yes, i said it in the first post…
Well, I succeeded in mounting C partition of windows in opensuse and I can see a new folder “boot” that there isn’t in any windows installation… and there are some new files in C, too.
For example there is the menu.lst file:
“”
hiddenmenu

timeout 0

title openSUSE 11.0 installer (LOCAL)

find --set-root /openSUSE_hitme.txt

kernel /openSUSE/linux devfs=mount,dall ramdisk_size=65536 lang= splash=silent vga=0x317

initrd /openSUSE/initrd

“”

or boot.ini
“”
;

;Warning: Boot.ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems.

;Warning: Use BCDEDIT.exe to modify Windows Vista boot options.

;

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=“Microsoft Windows XP Professional” /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

C:\grldr=“openSUSE 11.0 installer (LOCAL)”

“”

I screened^^
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2627/cwithbootqk3.png

ALL THESE FILES SHOULD NOT BE HERE! “BOOT” FOLDER TOO.

Have a read of this thread
Cannot boot into Vista after openSuse 11.0 Install - openSUSE Forums

it’s vista not xp
but it basically deals with your issue, where you have kind of messed up windows boot section

blame suse if you like

honestly, you seem to be in such a mess, you really need to try and figure your way thru it. If it is possible for you to do a backup of important data and just format everything - it’s probably your best way out of it.

I wouldn’t recommend installing Linux that way myself, but I know some are doing so.

For me - I would say:
With clean disks
Install windows
then linux from the dvd and not from within windows

I thought to format to. now I mounted windows partition so I can do a backup at least. I tried to install it within windows because I thought it was not necessary to burn a dvd. But, are there no solutions excluding format?

Well you just seem to have got your self in such a mess. You could try and PM - Mingus
openSUSE Forums - View Profile: mingus725