Problem with Kdenlive 19.04.2

This latest version of Kdenlive automatically splits all video and audio tracks in the timeline. I find this “feature” totally unusable. Is there a way to revert to the previous version? There’s no way to do that in Yast.

IME it has always done that. And should do that by default. Give me some minutes and I’ll check Kdenlive’s settings.

It’s never done that for me. Anyway, I found version 18.12.3-2.1 for Leap 42.3, and installed that, then marked it as “Protected - do not modify” in Yast. That’s working fine. The newest version has no option to deselect splitting video and audio in the timeline, unfortunately.

There are a couple of places in Kdenlive’s settings with reference to Video and Audio in the timeline. AFAICS you need to disable the audio miniatures, but I don’t want to mess with my own defaults.

This is your choice, installing packages for other openSUSE versions than the installed one, is an absolute no go for me. For obvious reasons, like library version mismatch etc.

I agree, but there was no other choice in this case. The newest version has no way to not split video and audio, for some reason the dev(s) removed that option. This may be the last home video I’ll do anyway, so in Leap 15.1 (when I switch to that), I promise not to install things from other openSUSE versions :wink: