Problem with burning iso image?

Hi everyone,

I try to burn 11.2version,my burner is LG DVD super multi I don`t know the model.
I got 64bit could be the burner if yes is there a way to find out how?

Mike:’(

1michael1 adjusted his/her AFDB on Saturday 25 Jul 2009 00:46 to write:

>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I try to burn 11.2version,my burner is LG DVD super multi I don`t know
> the model.
> I got 64bit could be the burner if yes is there a way to find out how?
>
> Mike:’(
>
>

What you using to burn and what speed michael?

Mark
Caveat emptor
Nullus in verba
Nil illegitimi carborundum

Im using K3b and the lowest speed with Fujifilm DVD-R. But I was using the same disk and burn Suse11.1 64bit now I cant burn it any more.
It could be the burner?.

1michael1 adjusted his/her AFDB on Saturday 25 Jul 2009 01:06 to write:

>
> I`m using K3b and the lowest speed with Fujifilm DVD-R.

But I was using the same disk and burn Suse11.1 64bit now I can`t burn
> it any more.
> It could be the burner?.
>
>

could be but I have noticed one of the versions or maybe 2 of the newer K3b
for KDE 4.3 is a bit buggy, I think it is fixed now though but have not
tried for a few days.

I always use DVD-R/Ws for the isos just in case I get a bad d/load.

Only way to tell is to burn something else on a new disk.

HTH

Mark
Caveat emptor
Nullus in verba
Nil illegitimi carborundum

Usually k3b gives the checksum when you choose to burn an iso image, check that it’s correct.

Put a Blank DVD-R in the drive.
Navigate to the .iso in your file manager - right click the .iso and open with k3b.
k3b should start and checksum the .iso
You can check the SUM with the published #
If they match - Burn as slow as it will allow.

If it finishes. Either run the media check from Yast or reboot your machine with the dvd in and run the media check from the menu,

I try with win xp isoburn it is not working ,but I it is doing some burning and when is finished burning I try it out nothing?

One more it is:
Well I burn for long time and when was finish I look into it 0 free space and my disk is empty.
I will put a working disc into and see if my drive is working,if my drive is ok then it is the K3b.
If is K3B I will look for a new update one.
My is there other way to find out?

I try to burn K3b Error:
No CD/DVD writer found.
K3b did not find an optical writing device in your system. Thus, you will not be able to burn CDs or DVDs. However, you can still use other K3b features like audio track extraction or audio transcoding or ISO9660 image creation.
Mp3 Audio Decoder plugin not found.
K3b could not load or find the Mp3 decoder plugin. This means that you will not be able to create Audio CDs from Mp3 files. Many Linux distributions do not include Mp3 support for legal reasons.
Solution: To enable Mp3 support, please install the MAD Mp3 decoding library as well as the K3b MAD Mp3 decoder plugin (the latter may already be installed but not functional due to the missing libmad). Some distributions allow installation of Mp3 support via an online update tool (i.e. SuSE’s YOU).

Thanks

Mike

su terminal and do:

zypper in k3b-codecs

Flash, k3b, Amarok - Install Guide - openSUSE Forums

He my friend thank you I almost give .:wink:

Thank`s again really appreciate

Mike

Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Resolving package dependencies…

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
k3b-codecs

Overall download size: 63.0 K. After the operation, additional 223.0 K will be used.
Continue? [YES/no]:
Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Resolving package dependencies…

k3b-codecs

Overall download size: 63.0 K. After the operation, additional 223.0 K will be used.
Continue? [YES/no]:

k3b-codecs

Continue? [YES/no]: y
Retrieving package k3b-codecs-1.0.5-0.pm.7.x86_64 (1/1), 63.0 K (223.0 K unpacked)
Retrieving: k3b-codecs-1.0.5-0.pm.7.x86_64.rpm [done]
Installing: k3b-codecs-1.0.5-0.pm.7 [done]
Additional rpm output:
warning: /var/cache/zypp/packages/repo_2/x86_64/k3b-codecs-1.0.5-0.pm.7.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 9aThe following NEW package is going to be installed:
k3b-codecs

Retrieving package k3b-codecs-1.0.5-0.pm.7.x86_64 (1/1), 63.0 K (223.0 K unpacked)
Additional rpm output:
warning: /var/cache/zypp/packages/repo_2/x86_64/k3b-codecs-1.0.5-0.pm.7.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 9aThe following NEW package is going to be installed:
k3b-codecs

Additional rpm output:
warning: /var/cache/zypp/packages/repo_2/x86_64/k3b-codecs-1.0.5-0.pm.7.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 9a795806
that`s all Iwill log out and try again.

See you sooon.:slight_smile:

Mike

Welllol!rotfl! Isolved the problem the problem was in my case I have to press TAP and my CD/DVD burning Suse 11.2 XXXXXXX or others working perfectorotfl!.

You know for a old guy like me HEEEHEEHEE.

Thanks everyone who love me to help me.
See you soooooon.

Cheers

Mike