Problem with burning iso image

Hi,
I downloaded Suse 11.1 via torrent and I tried to burn it using Ashampoo Burning Studio 2k9, but unfortunately it stopped and showed some error message, can you tell me why i can’t burn it, is there some problem with iso image or what?

kososki wrote:
> Hi,
> I downloaded Suse 11.1 via torrent and I tried to burn it using
> Ashampoo Burning Studio 2k9, but unfortunately it stopped and showed
> some error message, can you tell me why i can’t burn it, is there some
> problem with iso image or what?

The iso image is OK. Does your copy of it have the right md5 sum? With Windows,
it is more difficult to check than in Linux, but there is a Windows utility to
check it.

I have not used Ashampoo’s Burning Studio 2k9. I know that versions 7 and 8 can
burn disk images.

The iso image is OK on the server. Maybe your download is not. “Some error” message doesn’t say anything. Please paste the error. And if you’re burning on Windows, find a windows forum. This is not about windows apps.

How can you expect him to come back and post, when he hasn’t even tried Linux yet, and he’s rejected from the forums/community. Pretty rude, I would say.

I agree with lwfinger, The .iso image on the server … must be proper, but while downloading it, some data might have been lost. I know it sounds, kind of “noobish”, but I’m supposed to ask… Make sure you’re not uploading the file, while trying to burn it on the dvd. Since, unless you stop/remove the torrent, it’ll continue on uploading.

> Pretty rude, I would say.

or maybe just like me, i can’t answer ANY Redmond questions…have not
used it since way last century…

anyway, there is PLENTY of help on the web (and here) on burning DVDs
in doze…

Conficter

Pretty rude, I would say.

It is simple, when it is a Windows problem, everybody is helped best by going to a windows forum. This is not rude but intelligent help.

I already once tried to help a guy on this forum having problems with some burner software I did not know. I told him to use K3b. After a day of posting to and fro’ another forum member (not even the OP) pointed to the fact that it was al about window burner software. All this time consuming nonsence would have been avoided if the OP would have told this, or when he would have gone to a Windows platform in the first place.

This place is getting as bad as the Ubuntu Forums. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, to the OP, I’d check two things…1) if you had a bad download and 2) if you had a bad burn. CD’s go bad fairly regularly for me.

Try a different program to see if that helps. Also, pasting the error would help. If you don’t have any other CD burning software, I would recommend CDBurnerXP for Windows users who want free software (Don’t think it is F/OSS) to burn their ISO.

Also, make sure you are burning the ISO as an image and not as data, or otherwise you are just creating a copy of the file on the disk, which will not make it bootable or usable.

Yes, I actually wasted a CD one time also, accidentally burning a data CD/DVD instead of an ISO image, but to switch from Windows over to Linux, I think it was ISO Burner, or some program with a similar name, but I’m looking around to see if my problem with K3B has been addressed anywhere before I post it, but after running the security update with the 3 recommended updates the updater said were available, now I can’t burn an ISO image with K3B and it gives me error messages.

I can’t play CDs either, nor does the auto-play work, nor does the Linux system even recognize anything in the drive.

I see the error messages, that weren’t there before, like:

"No CD/DVD writer found.
K3b did not find an optical writing device in your system. Thus, you will not be able to burn CDs or DVDs. However, you can still use other K3b features like audio track extraction or audio transcoding or ISO9660 image creation.

Mp3 Audio Decoder plugin not found.
K3b could not load or find the Mp3 decoder plugin. This means that you will not be able to create Audio CDs from Mp3 files. Many Linux distributions do not include Mp3 support for legal reasons.
Solution: To enable Mp3 support, please install the MAD Mp3 decoding library as well as the K3b MAD Mp3 decoder plugin (the latter may already be installed but not functional due to the missing libmad). Some distributions allow installation of Mp3 support via an online update tool (i.e. SuSE’s YOU)."

So off to look some more to see if my problem has been addressed anywhere before posting a new thread.

Hope you solve your problem, and maybe I’ll solve my own problem, if I can get my head to thinking about it, maybe my “135” IQ will help me figure my problem out.

Sometimes I’ll figure out a complicated or hard problem, that no one else can figure out, but will be “totally stumped” on a relatively “easy” problem.

My mind works in strange ways.

Good Luck and Have a Great Day,
Bernard