Problem viewing video with mplayer plugin

Hi,

I’ve recently installed mplayer plugin and tried to view the following video

Livestation | Watch BBC World News English online on your PC | Download the free Livestation player

all I get is a blank screen with no sound. I tried it on Win XP (same computer) and it works fine. I’ve also tried it using another computer that has totem-plugin and gave me the same problem.

Just wondering if the above url worked for anyone else?

Cheers

It works for me, no problem. I have installed:
pullin-flash-player-11.1-1.1
flash-player-10.0.15.3-1.1
smplayer-0.6.6-0.pm.1
mplayerplug-in-3.55-0.pm.1
MPlayer-1.0rc2_r27637-3.pm.3
libflashsupport-1.2-4.20
MozillaFirefox-3.0.5-2.5

Thanks for the reply. It’s very strange, I have the same software installed. Sites like youtube using flash works for me. I have to use a proxy to gain access to the web, but would it affect viewing media player plugins? Plus, it works on XP without any setting changes.

Is there any further check I can carry out?

Its possible your mplayer plugin config file is different from mine. Did you create a custom one perhaps? I believe I still have the default.

I’m not that fluent with linux or programming for that matter to create a custom file. This is really bugging me. I’m trying to change to linux from Windows. Thanks anyways.

At the risk of stating the obvious, when playing the web site video, did you go to your mixer and move up your volume controls?

Yes, I can view and listen to flash videos on youtube etc. I’ve also had a look at some other websites that uses media player and I can view those videos.

I’m logged in on a different computer now (but on the same network) and I still can’t view those videos. I’m on a university network, but I doubt whether they’d have any restriction.

Yes, I can view and listen to flash videos on youtube etc. I’ve also had a look at some other websites that uses media player and I can view those videos.

I’m logged in on a different computer now (but on the same network) and I still can’t view those videos. I’m on a university network, but I doubt whether they’d have any restriction.

Is there any other check I can make?

I’ve upgraded to opensuse 11.1 today and it seems the mplayer plugin x64 which comes from Pacman doesnt work too well. At least that is what it seem like. For me it is only quicktime files which cause firefox to crash instantly. Any ideas?

I was wondering if anyone would have a work around for me? Firefox crashes when attempting to watch quicktime videos like apple trailers.

Am I looking for a solution in the right area? Could it be libquicktime?

Programme versions
mplayer 1.0rc2_r27637-3.pm.3-x86_64
mplayerplug-in 3.55-0.pm.1-x86_64

It might be. You could start a new thread specifc to apple trailers so that your title garners the correct attention.

If you believe it to be libquicktime, you could send the packager an email asking that they look in to this:
PackMan :: Package details for libquicktime