Printing high on card stock

I am not sure if this the correct forum, but…
I am trying to print business cards. When I print them on plain paper, they align correctly. When I print them on business card stock (Staples compatible with Avery 8371) they start printing at the top edge of the page. This happens in both Libreoffice Version: 5.1.0.3 and GLabels 3.2.1. I tried exporting as a PDF and the same happens with evince 3.18.2.
HP J4580 printer.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Any and all help appreciated.

I have found some things.
Apparently the card stock limit of the J4580 All In One is up to 200 gsm. The Staples cardstock I am using is 210 gsm and it has started hanging up in the printer. I don’t know why I have been able to use this cardstock previously.

The limit for photo media is 280 gsm. Why it is different than card stock I don’t know. When I set the printer properties to Photo media and 600dpi, Photo, the card stock will print, but it is still catching slightly in the printer.

Unless the software is not properly reading the automatic paper detection, this seems to be a printer issue.

I have ordered a lighter weight business card stock. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

I agree with your analysis of the situation. As printers age, the rubber elements in the feeds deteriorate and don’t grab the paper as well for feeding. Cleaning them can help. I had to get rid of an old HP deskjet printer that wouldn’t feed large paper sizes of photo paper. Fortunately, the Epson I replaced it with has no such problem.