Poulsbo corruption after using Live installer

I’m not entirely sure what exactly goes awry here, but when I install a LiveCD (using YaST Live Installer) that has working psb_gfx support, the next boot (when YaST is supposed to run auto configuration) causes screen corruption.

The LiveCD I’m using was prepared by me using SUSEStudio, and it has kernel 3.2.0 from the OBS Kernel:HEAD standard repository, since anything older than 3.2.0 causes screen corruption in the LiveCD itself. It’s a rather standard 12.1 32-bit KDE LiveCD otherwise. With this new kernel, everything works fine, until I try to install the image to the hard drive.

One thing to keep in mind is that I’m trying to install this on a Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 tablet, and it uses UEFI SecureCore Tiano with rather buggy implementation. In earlier tests I have found out that the LiveCD would freeze if there are no kernel options passed (due to modprobe being stuck in a recursion). If I pass acpi_osi=linux, it boots, but the psb_gfx kernel module crashes, and some modprobes are still stuck in a loop (whenever I try to update bootloader configuration, or specifically during initrd creation). And if I outright disable ACPI using acpi=off, everything works as expected (except for rebooting, which requires me to turn it off using the physical turn off button). That is, of course, when talking about the LiveCD with the latest kernel. With earlier kernels, I would get screen corruption, and when installed on the disk, I also get (different) screen corruption.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Ubuntu LiveCD works just the same way - everything is displayed fine, but when it installs the image, it keeps being fine, doesn’t create such corruption as in openSUSE, provided that plymouth is disabled (apparently the vt.handoff=1 parameter that is implied when using plymouth also causes corruption; perhaps something similar is happening here, too?)

So, what could be the possible causes of such discrepancy between the LiveCD and the installed system, and why isn’t it present on Ubuntu? And are there any other ACPI options I could try to make some sense out of what the UEFI is sending the system?