Pipelight for 13.2

Hey all, has anyone installed Pipelight on 13.2? Do I just need to add both packages listed under the 13.2 section on here >> http://software.opensuse.org/package/pipelight

No one or the other. a Package should pull in any dependencies.

So what’s the difference between the 2 if you don’t mind me asking?

Different people packaging it up notice the names. Also slightly different version numbers. You would have to ask the packagers what the difference there is.

On 11/12/2014 05:46 PM, EmpireITtech wrote:
>
> Hey all, has anyone installed Pipelight on 13.2? Do I just need to add
> both packages listed under the 13.2 section on here >>
> http://software.opensuse.org/package/pipelight
>
>

In the future, you might want to consult with the devs to see if they
have a repo for the distro already :wink:

http://pipelight.net/cms/install/installation-opensuse.html


openSUSE Factory 64 bit
KDE 4.14.1

So I went thru the link you sent for installing Pipelight on 13.2…every installed correctly, however I’m still unable to access the website at my work that uses Silverlight from SUSE and Firefox :frowning:

On 11/13/2014 02:06 PM, EmpireITtech wrote:
>
> So I went thru the link you sent for installing Pipelight on
> 13.2…every installed correctly, however I’m still unable to access the
> website at my work that uses Silverlight from SUSE and Firefox :frowning:
>
>

Did you click the link to enable plugins?
(http://pipelight.net/cms/installation.html#section_2)

If so and it still doesnt work, try asking the devs in the pipelight IRC
channel (#pipelight on freenode).


openSUSE Factory 64 bit
KDE 4.14.1

Bingo! Big derp moment for me, thanks!

LOL Just sometimes you got to read the instruction. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now you’re just talking crazy rotfl!

Can anyone help me with this? I’m getting a 2105 Silverlight error when attempting to stream Netflix. I had this all working in 13.1 …:’(

Thanks.

On 03/28/2015 11:56 PM, gforce6point0 wrote:
>
> Can anyone help me with this? I’m getting a 2105 Silverlight error when
> attempting to stream Netflix. I had this all working in 13.1 …:’(
>
> Thanks.
>
>

I used to have this working, but then I switched to Chrome so I could have
native html5 playback. Maybe that will for you?

As cjcox says. If you have no qualms in installing Chrome - I don’t, as I only use it for Netflix and Android stuff -it’s much, much better than anything+pipelight, as the processing power needed is much lower, i.e., it’s performance is way better.

Just for reference: https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/501137-SOLVED-Netflix-error-code-M7063-1913-and-how-I-got-it-running-natively-in-Chrome?p=2680541#post2680541