Permission access denied for KDE 4.8 repo

When i try to refresh KDE 4.8 repo I receive this error. I’ve been able to refresh before with no problem. Also KDE extras works fine.

“Permission to access ‘http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/48/openSUSE_12.1/repodata/repomd.xml’ denied.”

I searched and found the only solution was a fresh install.

W dniu 01.05.2012 o 03:46 Static2k <Static2k@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org>
pisze:

>
> When i try to refresh KDE 4.8 repo I receive this error. I’ve been able
> to refresh before with no problem. Also KDE extras works fine.
>
> “Permission to access
> ‘http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/48/openSUSE_12.1/repodata/repomd.xml
> denied.”
>
> I searched and found the only solution was a fresh install.
>
>
It’s most likely a server side problem. Just wait for a few days for the
server to be back on line.


Best regards,
Greg

On 2012-05-01 03:46, Static2k wrote:
>
> When i try to refresh KDE 4.8 repo I receive this error. I’ve been able
> to refresh before with no problem. Also KDE extras works fine.

Did you read the announcements? If not, please do ASAP.


Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

Some repos are back in sync but I see kde48 is not there yet

On 2012-05-01 05:56, caf4926 wrote:
>
> Some repos are back in sync but I see kde48 is not there yet

AFAIK, what you see is the backup server, which can not cope with the load.
Some repos seem to be more affected, perhaps more requests.


Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

I do not know where you found this (as you keep that as a secret), but this sort of advice is almost never true. Thus IMHO you better do not trust other advice ftrom the same source.

http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/install-boot-login/473525-unable-refresh-java-kde-repos-yast2.html

"
So I did a clean installation with the root partition reformatted but keeping all my data partitions.

Problem has gone away. All the repos work correctly straight out the box via http."

Not saying the only fix was a fresh reinstall. I’m saying the only solution i found was that.

Also sorry for not seeing the announcement.

Well, IMHO it is a rather drastic solution, but as you are satisfied with it, it is OK.

If you read above, after reading the announcements there’s no need too. Also This topic was prior to knowing about the repo announcement and looking for an alternative to a fresh install.

On 2012-05-02 01:06, Static2k wrote:
> Also This topic was prior to knowing about the repo announcement
> and looking for an alternative to a fresh install.

The announcement perhaps, but the problem was somewhat earlier.

You should have asked here, then wait some time for a response before doing
something so drastic as reinstalling. You did not wait at all.


Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

Static2k never said that he did a new install. He found a similar thread and saw that a poster there had gone that route. Static2k, note that the OP in the thread you refer to was not advised to re-install. The problem likely could have been fixed by less drastic means, but the OP decided go a different route. It worked for him, but it’s not generally recommended.

IT’S FIXED NOW!