Penumbra Collection (Frictional Games)

No I don’t work for them and this is not spam, lol. I just like the deal and game and wanted to share it with everyone. I am not sure if I am allowed to post the link so I am not going to. Just do a Google search and you will find it. Also Linux gaming sites, some of them, have the info there.

I found this by accident, funny enough the day before the deal started. It is a set of 3 games, usually 10usd each, they have bundled for 5usd total. It is a decent game. They are a small company in Sweden and they made this game for Linux, Mac and Windows.

I am a strong supporter of games made for Linux in general. The more we buy, at least the good ones at decent prices, the more they will make.

From their website,

"With a brand new installer the three Penumbra games will be available as a single download starting this Friday the 17th. The new release will improve the user experience compared to the original “three downloads with three serials”-installation procedure.

During the launch weekend of Friday the 17th to Sunday the 19th the Penumbra Collection for Mac & Linux will sell for a mere USD 5! Windows users recently had the same offer available to them and due to numerous inquires from Mac & Linux gamers we hope that this offer will achieve full cross-platform horror enjoyment. After the launch weekend the Penumbra Collection will sell for USD 20.

The Penumbra Collection will be available in the Frictional Games Store for Mac & linux. In addition the Mac version will also be available from the Mac Game Store, Mac Games Arcade and the recently launched Gamer’s Gate for Mac. All stores are participating in the USD 5 weekend launch!"

I am new to this forum. I just found the game section. Could a Mod move this please?

Thanks

I’m going to buy this game. But there is no Linux installer in DVD version right? Only a digital distributed copy would work in Linux?

I am not sure. I don’t think so. I usually buy digital so I don’t pay too much attention to whats on disk anymore.

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 17:16 +0000, Searching for Answers wrote:
> I’m going to buy this game. But there is no Linux installer in DVD
> version right? Only a digital distributed copy would work in Linux?
>
>

It’s a download and it specifically says that the download WILL go away
after a while… it tells you to backup what you download. Perhaps it
is wise to burn it to DVD/CD after you download it.

I have the game… works fine on openSUSE 11.1 64bit with an Nvidia
7600GT.

Default resolution is 800x600 (which I didn’t have a config for), I had
to edit the config file (somewhere) to fix that.