Package has no logfile

I’m trying to learn how to do simple packaging using OBS (I have no prior experience) and I’ve been following the beginner’s guide. However, after trying to build the example package that is provided and executing osc build --local-package, I get the following error:

RPM build errors:
[ 135s] File not found: /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/my-first-obs-package-0.1.0-0.x86_64/usr/bin/*

If I check the buildlog, the following error appears:

Server returned an error: HTTP Error 404: remote error package ‘my-first-obs-package’ has no logfile
remote error: package ‘my-first-obs-package’ has no logfile

And if I check on the website it says the build is broken: no source uploaded…

Everything is (I believe) done as the guide says

You need to check in your files to the OBS project, for osc to know what to do with it, even though you’re building locally.

That solved the no logfile issue! Thanks a lot.

Just for the record, the spec file in the beginner’s guide doesn’t work, it makes the building process spit the first quote I did, about ...BUILDROOT.../usr/bin/*. Using the complete spec file from the OBS project solves it. I still want to try to build it using the CLI as I started. Using the web UI feels like cheating lol

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.