Out of space during updating to tumbleweed and now zypper gives an error

Hi guys, I was 13.2 gnome user and I’ve decided to upgrade to tumbleweed following the wiki installation guide. But during the installation I’ve probably ran out of space and now I’ve this error:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qlswif.jpg

Well, free some space and run “zypper dup” again.

If you are using btrfs I would suggest to remove some snapshots with “yast snapper”.
Other candidates would be logs in /var/log (including systemd’s journal in /var/log/journal/).

Or if zypper didn’t install any packages yet and ran out of space during downloading the packages, you could also just choose to stay with 13.2. The packages are downloaded to /var/cache/zypp/, so delete that folder to regain the space.

Freeing some space from /var/log helped but not enough, I need more space. Should I delete /tmp content ?

I can’t load the snapper module, probabily because I’m updating some yast modules.

P.S. As you can see from the image I’m running a BTRFS filesystem.

Would be a possibility, yes. And /var/tmp.

How big is your partition and how much space you need?

You could also install the packages that have been downloaded to /var/cache/zypp/packages/ manually with “rpm -U xxx”, so you could install the smaller ones first and then delete them to get enough space for installing the larger ones.

Or delete /var/cache/zypp/packages/ completely and do the upgrade via the full DVD.

I can’t load the snapper module, probabily because I’m updating some yast modules.

Then use snapper directly.

This will list all snapshots:

snapper list

This will delete a snapshot:

snapper delete XXX

Deleting some snapshots solved everything. Thank you :smiley: