OSS Repository Problem qemu-ipxe...

I have run into a problem with the http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/ repo.

The repository contains:

qemu-ipxe_1.0.0-1.5
qemu-sgabios 8-1.5
qemu-vgabios 1.9.1-1.5

but the /repodata/…-primary.xml.gz says the version is:

qemu-ipxe_1.0.0-1.4
qemu-sgabios 8-1.4
qemu-vgabios 1.9.1-1.4

The times stamps on the rpms are 2016-11-08
and the .xml.gz files are 2016-11-11

I’m not sure who to report this to.

Mark

May be just a momentary issue while the repo is being updated.

What happens if you run the following, does your system pick up the new packages or not?

zypper dup

TSU

n1250:~ # zypper dup
Warning: You are about to do a distribution upgrade with all enabled repositories. Make sure these repositories are compatible before you continue. See 'man zypper' for more information about this command.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Computing distribution upgrade...

The following 5 items are locked and will not be changed by any action:
 Available:
  amarok flash-player-gnome gnome-keyring xf86-input-libinput
 Installed:
  epson-inkjet-printer-escpr

The following package is going to be upgraded:
  chromium

The following 3 packages are going to be downgraded:
  qemu-ipxe qemu-sgabios qemu-vgabios

The following package is going to change vendor:
  chromium  openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/network:chromium

1 package to upgrade, 3 to downgrade, 1 to change vendor.
Overall download size: 53.4 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, 54.1 MiB will be freed.
Continue? [y/n/? shows all options] (y):

If I say yes:

Retrieving: qemu-ipxe-1.0.0-1.4.noarch.rpm ...........................................................................................................................................[error]File './suse/noarch/qemu-ipxe-1.0.0-1.4.noarch.rpm' not found on medium 'http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/'

Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i/? shows all options] (a): 
Problem occured during or after installation or removal of packages:
Installation aborted by user

Please see the above error message for a hint.

Hi
It’s because of the 32bit (i586) unable to build due to an unresolved dependency…
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=openSUSE%3AFactory&package=qemu

The built rpms sync, but I would surmise the repo data doesn’t get updated due to the tumbleweed repo nature (not the same as Leap). Raise a bug, wait for the next snapshot release or manually install…

I already have the new …5 versions installed - apparently from an earlier snapshot.

These 3 packages are all no arch.

How does the repo updating work? Do the packages get uploaded to the mirror and then the xml file get built off the directories? Or is it the other way around?

I’ll just lock the packages and wait for the offset to work its way out. Thanks.

Mark

Hi
Not sure, but would guess it’s before uploading. It’s a little different than the normal repos and their meta data, it takes some time to produce hence Tumbleweed being the way it is…