OSS Repo checksum has changed

Was this on purpose or did something bad on my end happen?

I just got this error:


 An error occurred during repository initialization.
[repo-update|http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.1/oss/] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
History:
- b86b01a348e0c2b09aac230b8b38a7945cb6c29fa2f5daaec4c6b7ead6020a30-appdata.xml.gz has wrong checksum


I could be wrong, but I think it has to do with the mirror syncing. I think this because I also ran into this tonight, but I waited a couple hours then tried again and the checksum issue was solved.

Neither.

This happened to me twice today. In each case, I waited around 1 hour and tried again – and it was fine.

You were redirected to a mirror that had not completed synchronizing. That probably shouldn’t happen, but it does from time to time. And there have been quite a few updates over the last day or two.

So just wait a while and try again. Or, if you are desperate, you can directly configure a different mirror.