I updated my nvidia drivers for optimus to 331.20 from overman’s repo, after that no matter what i do i am getting mediocre performance from my nvidia GTX 670 MX graphics card.
I have opensuse 12.3, and it was running fine before i updated to 331.20 in terms of performance but every time i use it i have to shutdown the computer since it does not turn the graphics card off even after optirun/primusrun exits, and also, it would not run again after suspend/wake cycle.
My current configuration is:
- kernel-(18.104.22.168.g999c17a) I have kernel-default-devel, kernel-desktop, kernel-desktop-devel, kernel-devel, kernel-firmware, kernel-source installed)
- dkms-bbswitch 0.7-2.1 (Overman’s repo)
- dkms-nvidia 331.20-2.1 (Overman’s repo)
- x11-video-nvidia 331.20-2.1 (Overman’s repo)
- x11-video-nvidia-32bit 331.20-2.1 (Overman’s repo)
- primus 20131027-3.1 (Overman’s repo)
- primus-32bit 20131027-3.1 (Overman’s repo)
- libturbojpeg 1.3.0-1.1 (Overman’s repo)
- bumblebee 3.2.1-14.1 (Overman’s repo)
- VirtualGL 2.3.2-3.4 (Overman’s repo)
- VirtualGL-32bit 2.3.2-3.4 (Overman’s repo)
There are no errors, just the performance is very very bad in comparision with previous version on previous kernel 3.11. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? How do i approach this issue? Many many thanks in advance.
Sample run of optirun:
shekhar@sager:~> optirun -b primus -vvv glxspheres 1582.670062] [DEBUG]Reading file: /etc/bumblebee/bumblebee.conf 1582.670479] [DEBUG]optirun version 3.2.1 starting... 1582.670495] [DEBUG]Active configuration: 1582.670499] [DEBUG] bumblebeed config file: /etc/bumblebee/bumblebee.conf 1582.670502] [DEBUG] X display: :8 1582.670505] [DEBUG] LD_LIBRARY_PATH: /usr/lib64/nvidia:/usr/lib/nvidia 1582.670508] [DEBUG] Socket path: /var/run/bumblebee.socket 1582.670510] [DEBUG] Accel/display bridge: primus 1582.670513] [DEBUG] VGL Compression: proxy 1582.670516] [DEBUG] VGLrun extra options: 1582.670519] [DEBUG] Primus LD Path: /usr/lib64/primus:/usr/lib/primus 1583.308081] [INFO]Response: Yes. X is active. 1583.308111] [INFO]Running application using primus. 1583.308248] [DEBUG]Process glxspheres started, PID 19698. Polygons in scene: 62464 Visual ID of window: 0xb3 Context is Direct OpenGL Renderer: GeForce GTX 670MX/PCIe/SSE2 56.412892 frames/sec - 62.956787 Mpixels/sec 53.487304 frames/sec - 59.691831 Mpixels/sec 58.418771 frames/sec - 65.195349 Mpixels/sec 58.194370 frames/sec - 64.944917 Mpixels/sec 56.201446 frames/sec - 62.720814 Mpixels/sec 59.690561 frames/sec - 66.614666 Mpixels/sec 59.642074 frames/sec - 66.560555 Mpixels/sec 1598.558042] [DEBUG]SIGCHILD received, but wait failed with No child processes 1598.558064] [DEBUG]Socket closed. 1598.558078] [DEBUG]Killing all remaining processes. shekhar@sager:~>
The same command used to give me ~250 Mpixels/sec before