OpenSuSe11.2 Alpha Probleme bei Installation sax2+i810

Hi
OpenSuSe 11.2 Alpha i810 does not.
Attempt has been extremely week Intel i845 Chipset in sax2 set, sax2 always gives me VESA and not “i810” what really should be
“I’m already on despair” and it is even possible that I’m no linux profit. can give me as soon as possible a help?
sax2-r (VESA) device1 (should actually be Device0)
sax2-r-m 0 = i810 (black screen) crash the X server
sax2-a (black screen) crash the X server
walfried.janka@wavenet.at
OpenSuSE 11.1 Probleme bei Installation mit sax2+intel i810
tanks taruso

On 12/04/2008 taruso wrote:
> sax2-r-m 0 = i810 (black screen) crash the X server

Try
sax2 -r -m 0=intel

Uwe

Hi
I know that it is written

sax2 -r -m 0=i810

sax2 -r (VESA) device1 (should actually be Device0)
sax2 -r -m 0 = i810(black screen) crash the X server
sax2 -a (black screen) crash the X server

can someone help me ?? taruso

You should know that 11.2 Alpha 0 is the very beginning of the opensuse 11.2 development cycle.

Some Alpha Zeros will only work in the command line; you can expect many, many problems until it’s past Beta 2 or 3.

I second that motion and beg exhort and cajole anyone thats trying a development release
not to overwrite a stable release with an alpha or beta. You can expect system crashes and
a few reinstalls during the development cycles. dedicate a spare computer for development
or at least use a seperate partition and dual boot

sax2 -r -m 0 = intel (black screen) crash the X server

sax2 -r -m 0 = intel (black screen)crash the X server

downgrade to 11.1

11.2 is no where near the stage for anyone to be testing.

Why downgrade? If someone wants to jump in and be apart of the testing this early on…, and you want to discourage this? I wish more people would participate in debugging early releases. That way the final release is more bug free.

because people who didn’t change their repositories away from factory have accidentally upgraded to something that hasn’t been released

• AlienHealer wrote, On 12/05/2008 08:06 AM:

> because people who didn’t change their repositories away from factory
> have accidentally upgraded to something that hasn’t been released

I know what you’re talking about :slight_smile: I suddenly found myself using 11.2 Alpha on my notebook.

Uwe

I didn’t I changed my repos back to factory to upgrade my 11.1rc/kde4.2beta to opensuse11.2a0. and when I liked what I saw I did a clean install of the same using mini iso
When I heard 11.1 Alph0 was available I jumped right in
I know what I’m up against being as how I started testing 10.3 mid way through development
11.0 from alpha and 11.1 from alpha.

Hmmm come to think about it I did a clean install for rhe release candidate somy repos were set for /11.1/ and not factory

taruso wrote:

>
> sax2 -r -m 0 = intel (black screen) crash the X server
>
>

Are you really putting spaces between the “0” and “=” and “intel” ?

HTH

Mark…

Nil illegitimi carborundum