OpenSuse11.1 - "scriptlet failed" error when installing

Hi everyone!

I’m trying to install OpenSuse 11.1 on my Acer laptop. I’ve downloaded ISO, checked md5sum (fine), also checked installation media (no errors found).
After set up partitions, during packages installation I get error:

Subprocess failed. Error RPM:error: %post(openSUSE-relase-11.1-1.19.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 255

It happens in frequency about one of five packages. On progress bar it is 100%. I can of course ignore every of those errors, but system won’t install successfully.

I’ve tried also with network installation CD to prevent from hidden DVD errors, but everything goes the same… :confused:

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I’ve also done a RAM test today (memtest86 from suse installation DVD) - “pass complete, no errors”.
When installing - the same problem again :confused:

Try disabling the “Install from image” (or whatever they call it - it’s an option at the very bottom of the installation summary screen). I was having the same problem until I did that.

The image installation is supposed to save time, but apparently has a bug…

Check your system log by running dmesg in a terminal window. Look for any I/O error messages. There seems to be a problem with the newer kernel(s) trying to run the CD/DVD drives to fast. You can copy the error message and Google it. There is a temporary fix by adding: all_generic_ide=1 to the end of the kernel line of /boot/grub/menu.lst

I haven’t tried it yet as I’ve been all day downloading updates, but my computer definitely has this problem. I got the same scriptlet errors and botched installs. I finally did a very small install with the bare minimum package base. Once done, I booted into the system and am in the process of downloading all the packages that I would have installed from disk.

I get that problem too, using the DVD from the full retail box I got from Germany (free when you participate to bugs).

It starts always at the same package, no matter if I install with or without images mode. Actually I think it disables itself when it starts installing anyway.

I have checked this Repeated Errors During openSUSE 11.0 Installation - openSUSE Forums from 11.0, but hey I got the full retail box DVD, don’t they check if the md5 is good? I have not checked anyway, cuz if it’s bad, well the whole DVD is, so what’s the point knowing.

I’ll try with a super minimum install like you did. Don’t think it’s gonna work, as I found a few basic packages (needed almost all the time), right after starting installation, getting the error.

I have same problem installing network 64 bits version. I cancel installation.
I supposed that openSUSE was more stable than this. >:(

That seems impossible, since the network install does not get the packages from the CD, but from a repo instead.

You all could try this:
Download a Reloaded Live CD from Index of /repositories/KDE:/Medias/images/iso

Burn the iso to disk, using max. 16x speed. Boot from it. If it runs well, you can perform the install from the CD’s desktop.

Cheers

Impossible… but…
I have checked the iso with md5sum and checked the CD after burning.

Hello.
I retry on day later and install finish.