Opensuse leap 42.1 warning boot has failed. Add rd.shell rd.debug to the kernel command line

I will start from the beginning. I would describe myself as an intermediate Linux user. I have dual boot with two Linux. Previously, I used two Debian based Linux Distros.
One debian and other one is either Ubuntu or Linux Mint. Debian is very stable but I used to find some dependency problem always for google plugins and some other updated version of softwares. But I liked it for its stability. Ubuntu or Mint I found to be buggy not as stable as debian. I found Linux Mint to be slow. So, after I saw good reviews about OpenSuse Leap 42.1 and I saw in some places that it is very stable. So I installed it.
First few days it was fine. I liked it. It was stable,smooth.
Then problems started appearing.

I had to uninstall it two times. I am here to inform and give a feedback for improvements. It might be a problem of my Laptop also.
First Time I got a strange error when I could not enter my /home folder. It suddenly vanished. I could enter Linux root and saw that there is no /home folder. I tried to recover that
following some instructions which resulted in a superblock(I do not know what that is). I did not record the errors fully. I uninstalled the system.

Next time I reinstalled it. I activated the pacman repository, updated the system, installed a few software. Next day morning I saw the following error

“Warning boot has failed. To debug this issue add rd.shell rd.debug to the kernel command line.”
I am using Linux for 4 years now. I have never faced such embarrassing boot failures. I am writing this feedback to say that there is some serious problem with what I did after installing openSuse Leap 42.1 or my laptop’s hard drive is corrupted.

Looking for solution or feedback.

Using BTRFS? if so how much space did you allow. BTRFS comes with snapper and that uses extra disk space.

Note also that openSUSE normally uses a separate home partition. Note also if you do try to share a home partition you can run into version conflicts with your personal desktop settings/configurations if you use the same UID (user ID) and user name

Generally boot failure is due to a missing or broken partition in the /etc/fstab

In any case need a lot more info.

Additionally,
Since you are dual-booting, you need to determine which distro’s GRUB you are using.
Speculating, maybe something happened that an update for the wrong distro changed something in your GRUB?

TSU

I use openSUSE 42.1 starting with the Beta 1 and can confirm it is stable and reliable. No serious problems up to now.

Why? To analyze these problems more details (error messages, logs, …) would be very helpful.

Again, more details on the hardware you are using would be valuable.

What software did you install? How did you install (YaST2, zypper, …?)? Are you UEFI- or BIOS-booting? …

I use SuSE/openSUSE since version 7.1 (2001) and can’t recall that i had to re-install in order to solve a problem. Even when i bought a new computer a year ago with UEFI and Grub2 being completely new to me i never faced such serious boot problems.

I would really like to help you and improve your experience with openSUSE but to do that much more details about the problems you encountered are needed.

Best regards

susejunky