openSUSE 13.1, had 2 recent kerenel updates, wireless settings in Network Manager removed

Folks,
I am a newbie. The kernel was updated recently by 2 separate versions, to different instances.

Previous : kernel-desktop-3.11.10-29.1.i686 (all Ralink/mt7601 wireless settings functioned at this kernel)

kernel-desktop-devel-3.11.10-32.1.i686
kernel-desktop-devel-3.11.10-34.2.i686

Each time an UPDATE from the “.29” kernel, to “.32 or .34” kernels the wireless settings were removed from Network Manager.
To recover, at boot I scroll down to “recover kernel-desktop-3.11.10-29” and wireless settings return to Network Manger.

Am I missing an update or software patch which would keep the old wireless setting while allowing the kernel to update?

openSUSE 13.1
KDE Desktop
kernel-desktop-3.11.10-29 (wireless settings retained)
Ralink / mt7601 Wireless usb (Ralink is now Mediatek) http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads1/downloads/

If you manually compiled/install a driver for your wireless card, you need to redo that after a kernel update.

You can try to just copy over the corresponding driver file from /lib/modules/3.11.10-29/ to /lib/modules/3.11.10-32/ and/or /lib/modules/3.11.10-34/ respectively.

As the wireless driver is not found by the kernel, it cannot be loaded, so the card is not working. Therefore NetworkManager doesn’t show the “wireless settings”.

Your solution sounds correct. I confess…I am attempting to locate the drivers, here is where I am stuck at…
/lib/modules/3.11.10-29-desktop/kernel/drivers> ls
acpi bcma clocksource edac gpu i2c leds mfd nfc power rtc thermal vfio w1
ata block cpufreq extcon hid infiniband md misc parport pps scsi tty vhost watchdog
atm bluetooth crypto firewire hsi input media mmc pci ptp ssb uio video
auxdisplay cdrom dca firmware hv ipack memstick mtd pcmcia rapidio staging usb virtio
base char dma gpio hwmon isdn message net platform remoteproc target uwb vme

I have looked in various directories listed above, nothing definitively points me towards the file you suggesting for copying.
I will keep looking through the directories.

Thank you
I reinstalled at 3.11.10-34 kernel and wireless settings returned with complete functionality.

Here is what I did:

cd mt7601/src
make clean
make
sudo make install
sudo modprobe mt7601Usta