Opensuse 13.1 Gnome boot login problem and io scheduler issue

hi, im using 13.1 64bit GNOME with all recent updates, after the last updates in past 2 weeks im now cant login with my user on gnome startup when i write my password its hanging… the only way to login i clicked “not listed” and write my username and password otherwise not working…

Another problem with i/o scheduler settings for my ssd, i added elevator=deadline on /etc/default/grub and updated the config…

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=" resume=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST3250620AS_9QE3GTV4-part8
elevator=deadline apparmor=0 splash=silent quiet showopts"

then when i look to the “cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler” the CFQ seen active… any clues?

what a good community !!! no support…

On Thu 03 Apr 2014 01:06:01 PM CDT, eltdesign wrote:

what a good community !!! no support…

Hi
And as a community, probably not a good response from you to glean
any… If you don’t get a reply, bumping the thread always helps move
it back up.

I always use YaST bootloader to add my grub options, I use
elevator=noop and it works fine via YaST to set it.

So for the login, this is still an issue, your system is all up to dat?

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

i think i tryed to set via YaST also… this is fresh new install 13.1 64bit with gnome…gdm used default… after some system updates this login issue came… i tryed to create new user and that user also cant login directly on login screen… only way to login click to Not listed option and write user and pass manually… another issue when root access needed for example NetworkManager settings i write root pass and wait and wait i click escape to return everytime… Yes all new updates installed…

apparmor=0 worked but when i look “cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler” the CFQ seen active