OpenSUSE 13.1 Constantly freezes since update:

Clean install OpenSUSE 13. 1. Initially, had problems getting wireless working, but eventually everything worked out. Likewise, Freezing, after initial install stopped. Since the last (minor) update about a week ago, 2 major problems. No matter what I do, wireless constantly dropping, Message WLAN Interface not connected/Unavaible. Checked with “rfkill” sometimes it’s blocked, sometimes not, and from Network Management “Wireless hardware disabled” I checked and Wireless switch is on. <PRO/Wireless 3945ABG>

All I can say about the freezing is that it’s constant. It can happen within 5 mins of booting up or an hour or two later. No warning.

Would really appreciate any help in sorting this out

grasshopper1

I’ve finally found the source of all my problems. I installed all updates as they came along, sometimes though I did wait a day or two. Until 2 days ago, I had constant freezing and wireless problems. For most of the year I’ve been using wired connection as I was p…ed of with the constant dropping of wireless. I got rid of the Oxygen and am now using “GTK 2 Adwaita”

For the past two days I have had zero freezing and perfect wireless connection, not once has it dropped. The problem was I was using ‘oxygen-gtk’ from KDE which I discovered by chance on ‘eclipse bugs’. So a big ‘thank you’ to Alexander Kurtakov and Jörg Dipple
for solving the mystery for me

grasshopper1