openSUSE 12.3 on ProLiant DL 380 G4 in graphic mode

I tried to install openSUSE 12.3 on a ProLiant DL 380 G4. The only installation which succeeded, was the minimal server installation in text only mode. All other installations freeze after the first reboot.

When I install the graphic system after the installation of the minimal server, the system freezes as soon as I try to start the graphic mode manually. Is it really a fact, that openSUSE 12.3 does not support graphic mode on ProLiant DL 380 G4 servers, or is there a trick to get the graphic system running on this hardware?

Sorry, but I simply find working in graphic mode much more convenient.

This is no doubt the videocard. Did you try the “No KMS” option from the video menu at the bottom of the bootmenu of the installer?
Did you check the download + install medium?

With the “No KMS” option exactly the same result.
Install medium is ok.

On other hardware the graphic cart is also not detected correctly. How can I help yast to detect graphic cards correctly?
In older versions I could add the appropriate mode line to xorg.conf. But I have to fix that before the installation, so that the graphic cards can be configured during installation. Or is there an other trick?

I really cant believe that openSUSE 12.3 cannot be installed on a ProLiant DL 380 G4.

have a look at https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=814077