openSUSE 12.3 How to install Plasma Media Center?

Hello, Plasma Media Center was introduced the other day. However, I only saw instructions for installing on Fedora and Ubuntu systems. Does anyone know how I can install it on openSUSE 12.3 KDE? Thanks for your help.

software.opensuse.org:

I may give this a shot, bet its very unstable though

I was able to get it to install, but I had to install a lot of stuff and from what I can see, it is very basic in its design and is not “better” than the media applications you already have.

http://paste.opensuse.org/view/download/39883204

In YaST / Software / Software Management / Patterns, select these from the list above. You don’t need Linux Kernel and Web Development for this to work.

In addition, I installed these applications in YaST:

gpg-pubkey-9591c39b-4d78f8f5 
libtag-devel-1.8-3.2.1.x86_64
nepomuk-core-devel-4.10.0-1.5.1.x86_64
ffmpegthumbnailer-2.0.8-2.1.x86_64
nepomuk-ffmpegindexer-4.10.0-2.1.x86_64
libffmpegthumbnailer4-2.0.8-2.1.x86_64

I had to search for and install this from here: software.opensuse.org:

qt-mobility-1.2.0_20110922-2.3.x86_64         Fri 22 Mar 2013 08:26:45 PM CDT

I then followed these terminal instructions:

git clone git://anongit.kde.org/plasma-mediacenter
cd plasma-mediacenter
mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`
make -j(n+1)          // n = number of cores
sudo make install

Now I got it and find it in KDE menu / Multimedia / More Programs / Plasma Media Center (plasma-mediacenter -graphicssystem raster), but its not going to get anyone here excited I don’t think, but perhaps it will?

Thank You,

Well this seems to b e an alternative to windows media center.
I have tried it and seems its a little too early to use it on a more regular basis.
Its better just to install xbmc

Early would be putting it mildly I would say. After I got it running, it does play media, but navigating to it seems to be its thing in lue of having a library I guess. Not for me just yet.

Thank You,

video doesnt seem to work for me, at lerast in plasma media center.
XBMC I know works for me no matter what format.

To get video and stuff working you need to find what “backends” or “codecs” this media center requires and install those
Probably the dependencies were not well defined on the rpms

Yeah I cant seem to tell what backend it uses, I mean I do have all the majors like gstreamer, xine and mplayer but it doesnt seem to use any of them