Here are the problems that I have had thus far:
1: Install from DVD. The partitioner wanted to format “/home”. I suggest that you watch carefully. It might be because “/home” is encrypted, but this has never happened in previous installs, not even with Beta1.
Apart from that, the install went well up till the reboot. On reboot, it hung in plymouth. So it never completed the final configuration steps of install.
Worse still, there is no “failsafe” boot. In its place, there is a repair boot. But that’s not equivalent. The final stages of install would complete in text mode (curses mode) with a failsafe boot (that happened with Beta1). That does not happen at all with Beta2 and the repair mode boot.
2: Second install attempt from the DVD. This time, I took the default KDE and did not try to install other software. That was mostly to speed up a second test of the plymouth problems.
This time the grub2 install failed. I’m guessing that there’s a dependency problem. Some of the other software that I installed for the first try may have brought in what grub2 requires. Note that grub2 did install for the first attempt, but not for the second.
Then it hung in plymouth again.
3: I booted the KDE live image and selected “installation”. It hung in plymouth.
4: That gave me a clue that it was a graphics problem rather than a luks encryption problem. I booted the KDE image again, selected “installation” and then added “nomodeset” to the boot command line. It booted into the installer. Now that was a big hint.
5: I backed out of the live image install, and tried booting my installed system (from 2 above) with “nomodeset”. The final configuration stages of install now completed.
6: I rebooted, without “nomodeset”. That works, now that the final configuration steps are done.
Sigh! So much time spent to discover this. And I’ll need to make some bugzilla posts (I’ll wait till tomorrow for that).