openSUSE 12.1 - Firefox 8.0: error message while attempting to view streaming video

Hi,

I have some problems watching streaming videos today with Firefox 8. In some website players, the following error message is displayed:
200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] 'controls

I had the same problem in openSUSE 11.4. However, everything was working fine again after I upgraded to 12.1 yesterday.

Additional info: the video shows fine in Konqueror or Chromium.

I would appreciate any help to fix my apparently firefox-relatd problem.

Thanks

Why not post an example link that does not work for you for us to test? In the meantime I suggest you check out your media setup. It is simple to do and free as always.

MMCHECK - Version 2.41 - Check Your Multimedia in 16 Steps - Bash Script File - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Thank You,

Hi,

Sorry for the later reply.

All video from the putlocker website give me this problem.

I have to try running your checks… if I am the time this week-end.

Thanks

OK, just let us know what you found and post the exact link for the problem videos if you still can’t get it to work.

Thank You,

Hi,

One example of link where I have the problem is www.filmikz.net-Sintel.2010.HDRip.XviD.AC3.ViSiON.avi | PutLocker

I have followed the steps described in Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide and downloaded your script. Which of the 16 options do you suggest I ran?

Thanks

In my Firefox 8 those videos are flash, and working just fine.

So I was able to play the video just fine using Flash and in full screen mode. I have a good computer and load the nVIDIA proprietary video driver so it works as expected. As for using mmcheck, I suggest you run through all 16 tests and you can ask any questions you like about the results.

Thank You,

Sorry for not replying earlier.

My problem solved it when I made a fresh opensuse 12.1 install.

Thanks for your suggestions and time.

I am happy to hear you were able to fix your problem by doing a fresh installation of openSUSE 12.1 and thanks for letting us know of your solution. A fresh installation is more likely to be successful in all things over just doing an upgrade it would seem. Please let us know if you have any other issues you need help with.

Thank You,