Let’s be more positive than at the last minutes of a frustrating end of sunday night ^^
…will show the repositories used.
This is the list of the packages added on 22nd february (when I tried to install a ipod related package)
All these packages have been removed since… I removed all the stuff I did the 22nd feb.
The delay from 1 am to 4am is the interval I tried to compile the sources with epic fail…
When I saw firefox wasn’t working anymore I tried these:
moving .mozilla to .mozilla_dead (all the password stored and bookmarks saved then)
remove the mozilla firefox package
I followed the best I could the advices given but I’m strongly surprised they didn’t fix the issue.
I removed all the stuff in all file system related to firefox (included clearing the /tmp folder) but .mozilla_dead
I saw that some applications were also dead (I don’t know if this is related to the 22nd incident or if this is because the kernel has changed)
I set up again the fglrx driver (without any problem)
There is no error messages, nore logs concerning the firefox/vmware/dirsyncpro/acrobatreader crashes
In console, root mode:
firefox -safe-mode won’t work → defunct
firefox → defunct
su hurukan (another user excluded from root group)
firefox -safe-mode → defunct
firefox → defunct
I concluded this was a system wide issue (the application won’t launch in every user space) that’s why I removed all the recent stuff related to the manipulations to install this f****** ipod application.
All the system is speed up since last update ^^ that’s nice.
I removed syslog-ng that suddenly stopped logging.
I changed /etc/sysconfig/syslog from SYSLOG_DAEMON=“syslog-ng” to “rsyslogd”
The log to /var/log/messages is now working but nothing significant to raise.
That’s all I wanted to communicate. And yes the issue is confusing ^^