Opensuse 11.4 Dell D620 Laptop Wireless Issues

So I’m pretty sure I had the wireless working with this laptop working with opensuse 11.3 or 11.2. I removed opensuse to play with Windows 7, but now that 11.4 is out I wanted to go back.

I did a uname -r which returns: 2.6.37.1-1.2-desktop. I’ve enabled the Packman repo and installed the broadcom-wl and broadcom-wl-kmp-desktop drivers. Rebooted and still don’t see anything. Am I missing something?

I used to have a Dell D610 and I remember using the old ndiswrapper thing way back then. What we really need to know is the wireless chipset that it is using. If it is Broadcom, here is a link that can help compile the right driver.

Broadcom.com - 802.11 Linux STA driver

If you remember just loading the right driver from the openSUSE 11.3 repos, you would think it would still work without any added effort. Normally, I would open YaST / Network Service / Network Devices and make sure you have selected NetworkManager to load automatically and in KDE, you need to also be loading KWallet to keep track of your wireless network password/pass phrase.

Thank You,