OpenSuSe 11.3 - no internet connection, Windows XP has Internet connection though

Hello,

I have tried to configure a wireless modem card installation in OpenSuSe 11.3. Since I did not have an Internet connection, YaST could not connect to the Internet to collect some information. However, when I switch to Windows XP, I could easily configure my wireless modem and launch internet with it.

The real problem here is that the wired connection does not work in OpenSuSe 11.3. It does, however, in Windows XP. I searched in the forum a bit, and found an OpenDNS like 208.67.222.222 and try pinging it, but it refused immediately. It only answers positively to my static IP address with no packet loss.

I am of course, writing this e-mail from Windows XP and I sincerely require help about these two topics:

1. How can I regain my wired internet connection as it works in Windows XP?
  2. How can I install my wireless card as I experience connection losses with wired alternative? OpenSuSe tells me some information about my wireless card like this:
    BCM4318 [Air Force One 54g] Wireless LAN Controller
    And it says that an add-on is missing (if I remember correctly, its name is fwcutter).

Thanks in advance.

You need a wired connection to do this:

sudo /usr/sbin/install_bcm43xx_firmware
sudo /sbin/modprobe -v b43

reboot

Even i am facing the same problem. I have Dell M101z so do not have wired connection. How do I establish wireless connection?

Please post result of

/sbin/lspci -nnk