[openSUSE 11.3] Boot splash disappeared after installing nvidia driver

I installed the nvidia driver from the official repository for openSUSE 11.3 and now everything works perfectly, except i get a verbose splash screen after the grub menu.
It has worked after i upgraded from 11.2. In my menu.lst it already says splash=silent.

If you want more information, please ask, because i don’t know where to look or what to show you (i’m fairly new to linux in general).

Thanks in advance!

My post goes down fast, so i’ll bump if that’s not a problem :wink:

I’m confused - your post title is “splash disappeared”, but you mention “verbose splash”. Are you talking about the Nvidia logo that pops up briefly when X is starting?

Sorry for the confusion, i mean the splash screen you see after selecting the OS in your GRUB menu, with the openSUSE logo in the middle and a loading bar.
This changed from a graphical splash without text to a verbose splash after installing the driver, i don’t know why and i don’t know where to look to change this.

Is there a VGA mode in your Kernel parameters? Mine is vga=0x31a

Yes there is. Here are the other parameters:
splash=silent quiet showopts vga=0x317 initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.34-12-default

Yes - I had this problem with an older monitor / graphics card that did not support the default “vga” setting on the boot parameters. You can change this parameter in Yast / Boot Loader. Click on the Desktop line and then the Edit button. On the right you should see the Vga mode configuration. Pick one that your graphics card & monitor supports.

did you solve the problem…Changing the bootloader to vga=0x31a it didnt work for me…

This is an old thread concerning ver 11.3 please start a new one with more details.