[Opensuse 11.1 x86_64] FGLRX black screen.

I have bought a new HP TX2650ED tablet pc and everything on it work just fine… including the fingerprint reader and touchscreen.

The only problem that i have is that the ATI driver won’t work at all and just gives me a blackscreen after reboot.

I tried both the installtion from the repository as described on the site and i tried to ati driver package.

Both complete normally and don’t give any error, but after a reboot the screen is and stays black and i cannot CTL+ALT+Backspace out of x either … (i had to reinstall twice)

i even tried the following command as root, as it was suggested in a similar thread

"rm /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so && ln -s /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so"

it too completed normally and gae no error, but the effect was the same black screen after reboot

can anyone make any suggestions? as i am a novice a linux
i am failing to find any solution to this issue. :wink:

i’m affraid that the drivers are not good enough for your tablet. I had some issues with the ATI drivers and got a blank screen. I was fortunate to have NXClient and remotely repair and reinstall the drivers. It might be that the X Server doesn’t restart after the reboot.