openSUSE 11.1 on MSI WIND U100

i’ve got a MSI WIND Netbook and it came with Windows XP but i’m quite keen to tryout Linux… i don’t want to run Dual Boot so i’m gonna have to wipeout the hard-drive with either openSUSE or Ubuntu… i have got Ubuntu on my PC so i’m quite keen on trying out openSUSE…

has anyone tried installing openSUSE 11.1 on a WIND before? does it support all the shortcut function buttons? webcam? wireless? etc…

i’m using the default wireless card so i’m interested to know if it works fine because i have tried ubuntu on this WIND and came across wireless issues

cheers for any help in advance :slight_smile:

I’m guessing you’ll want to take a look at the HCL » Laptops » MSI part and the links it mentions… which are openSUSE - Installation on MSI Wind and wiki.msiwind.net - openSUSE 11.0.
All of the above links only speak of openSUSE 11.0 at the moment but I’m guessing most of it still hold true.
As they’re all wiki’s I’m sure it’s appreciated by those wanting to do the same as you if you took the time to edit these to include 11.1 instructions or just a confirmation of that it also applies to 11.1.