NTFS Problem?

I used 11.3 64bit for a while and never had problems my my mounted NTFS hard drives (one internal, one USB), but lately, the computer seems to freeze for 15-20 seconds every time I try to access info from this drives, and sometimes it just happens randomly. For 20-30 seconds the system becomes completely unresponsive. It is quite annoying.
I Installed 11.4 64bit, hoping for the problem to be fixed, but after I changed fstab in order to mount the drives, it seems the problem is back (I am not sure the problem came back as consequence of the fstab changes or it was just coincidence)

Also, before I installed 11.4, I was trying to backup some stuff (about 5GB of info) into my USB hard drive and the computer became constantly unresponsive while the data was being transfered. I pressed Ctrl + Esc, and noticed avery high cpu usage in a process called ntfs-3g

Is there any command that I can use to trace this behavior? something that can give me a history of applications and their CPU usage?

Also, could the problem be cause by the NTFS Drives?

here is my fstab

/dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST3160813AS_9SY03PVM-part1 swap                 swap       defaults              0 0
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST3160813AS_9SY03PVM-part2 /                    ext4       acl,user_xattr        1 1
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST3160813AS_9SY03PVM-part3 /home                ext4       acl,user_xattr        1 2
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-MAXTOR_STM3320620A_9QF3SVV2-part1 /windows/C           ntfs-3g    users,gid=users,fmask=133,dmask=022,locale=en_US.UTF-8 0 0
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD2500JB-00REA0_WD-WCANKA605903-part1 /home/fcj/Storage          ntfs-3g   defaults 0 0
/dev/disk/by-id/usb-ST310005_28AS_902BFFFFFFFF-0:0-part1 /home/fcj/Iomega-Disk           ntfs-3g   defaults 0 0
proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
sysfs                /sys                 sysfs      noauto                0 0
debugfs              /sys/kernel/debug    debugfs    noauto                0 0
usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      noauto                0 0
devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I would check the ntfs drives in windows, they have become ‘dirty’ or damaged. Windows should pick up issues and repair them.