Not able to log out

Why can’t I log out properly from the forums? I can log in but when logging out it always throws me “page not found”!
I have always to delete cookies from Firefox… And don’t think it’s a Firefox problem, tried also on a Windows rig with Internet Explorer and same results…

On 2012-05-13 18:06, F style wrote:
>
> Why can’t I log out properly from the forums? I can log in but when
> logging out it always throws me “page not found”!
> I have always to delete cookies from Firefox…

This question should be asked in the “support information” subforum. You
will probably find that it is a known problem.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

I have moved your question to the correct location. The problem you are having is a known forum software problem. I do not at present know when it will be fixed. Until such time as the problem is taken care of, please close your browser completely after you log out to make sure your session has been closed. At such time as the issue gets fixed, we will let everyone know.

We appreciate your patience with this issue and hope it will not otherwise affect your forum usage.

Thank You,

You logged out just fine. After you were logged out, some broken software redirected you to a page that does not exist.

Just treat that “page not found” as if it said “successfully logged out”.

In the meantime, I have had to login 3 times already today. This is absurd.

To continue on the weirdness for the last week or so I get strange things happening.

1. some time when returning to a form page from a thread I end up on the root page and apparently logged out. hitting the log in button does not bring up a log in page it simply refreshes current page then shows me logged in.

2. sometimes I simply get logged out again logging in does not take me to a log in page it refreshes the current page and shows me once again to be logged.

All appear random at lest I see no pattern.

Yes, I see the same things as well. All has been reported and we hope the login issue should be corrected in the near future, but no word yet on just when that will be. We ask only that you do the best you can and we appreciate your help here as always. (This goes for everyone here)

Thank You,