Not able to install Virtualbox: License Agreement Required

Hello,
I want to install Virtualbox on opensuse 12.1 KDE 32 bit.
I’m trying to install it through Apper. Although the installation starts, it always get stuck at this point: Waiting for service to start License Agreement Required
What can I do? How can I accept license agreement?
I also got stuck when I wanted to install Google Chrome as root. But when I logged out from root and logged in as a user, I could perform the installation.
But now, I cannot. The installation always requires root rights and after I give root’s password then the installation is getting stuck at: Waiting for service to start License Agreement Required
Does somebody have any idea how to perform the installation of Virtualbox?
Thanks in advance,
Istvan

On 2012-05-30 14:56, Svarcenberg wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I want to install Virtualbox on opensuse 12.1 KDE 32 bit.
> I’m trying to install it through Apper.

Don’t use apper. Some recommend uninstalling it.

Use yast instead, or zypper.

> I also got stuck when I wanted to install Google Chrome as root. But
> when I logged out from root and logged in as a user, I could perform the
> installation.

Don’t ever log in as root.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

My guess: you downloaded Chrome from somewhere.
My advice: don’t. Install it from the repos, the open source version is called “chromium”.

On Virtualbox: same story, install it from the repos, using Yast, like Carlos already suggested.

Please, don’t be lazy. When you have two questions,create two threads. Now you wil get posts which answer both and posts that will answer the first and likwise for the second. People wanting to help for one of the questions have to read through all, not knowing if a post is about the other or that halfway a post may change subject.

And in the end nobody, you included, will have a precise idea about what is solved where or when or not.
Also your second question needs a title on it’s own. How do you think Chrome people will be tempted to open this thread? And you need the Chrome users for an answer.

This problem happens if you whatever install app you get when you right-click on the RPM file (in KDE) and choose either “apper” or “Software Install” - it isn’t smart enough to actually display the license agreement (at least that is what happened when I tried to install the NoMachine components this way). If you select instead YaST Install/Remove Software, then, at least for NoMachine, this is handled properly. Maybe some wizard on here can give you specific applications - I only know what works from right-clicking in KDE :frowning:

There is a great article on the subject here: http://forums.opensuse.org/content/59-how-install-virtualbox-opensuse-11-4-12-1-tumbleweed.html

Questions about Virtualization should be posted here: Virtualization

More information on VirtualBox can be found here:

https://www.virtualbox.org/graphics/vbox_logo2_gradient.png
**[size=4]https://www.virtualbox.org/[/size]
And here a great article from swerdna on VirtualBox: Install the Sun/Oracle VirtualBox in openSUSE 11.4, 12.1 or Tumbleweed
**[size=4]
VirtualBox Manual[/size]

**AUTOMATICALLY recompile the VBOX drivers when you update your kernel: automatically-recompile-kernel-modules-after-kernel-update
**[size=4]
[/size]****Use the VirtualBox VM to load LiveCD’s: vboxlive-running-live-cds-vbox-disk-less-vms

**Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Thank You,