NO WIFI!!!

I have just installed OpenSUSE 64 bit GNOME on my computer. Whenever I go to connect to WiFi, it says, “No Networks.” When I go to the settings, it says “Firmware missing”
How could I fix this? My WiFi worked fine with Deepin Linux.
Thanks, John

Hi
Is the package kernel-firmware installed? If so, what wireless device do you have?

/sbin/lspci -nnk |grep -A2 Network

When I enter that string I recieve “02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter [14e4:4727] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Broadcom Corporation Device [14e4:0510]
Kernel driver in use: bcma-pci-bridge” as a response. And what do you mean by wireless device, do you mean my network card info? In that case it is BCM4314, which should be
supported according to this article. 16. Wireless Driver Installation - Making Your Broadcom, Ralink etc. Wifi/Wlan Work. Do you think something went wrong with the installation?
Thanks, John

As Malcolm mentioned, do you have kernel-firmware package installed?

rpm -qa|grep kernel-firmware

If not, you will need to install it. Do you have a wired ethernet conneciton available for internet connectivity?
Otherwise, it should be available from install disk.

Install with

sudo ypper in kernel-firmware

Whenever I enter the first line you gave me, It doesn’t even respond, it just returns to the next line, and when I enter the second line, it says sudo: ypper: command not found. And yes, I do have an ethernet cable.
Thanks, John

Hi
Looks like a typo, missing z…

zypper in kernel-firmware

Okay, so ‘kernel-firmware’ is not installed.

and when I enter the second line, it says sudo: ypper: command not found. And yes, I do have an ethernet cable.
Thanks, John

The command should have been

I’m sorry to waste your time, but everytime I enter that string it gives me “Root privileges are required for installing or uninstalling packages.”
I have made sure that I am an administrator, so I don’t know what’s going on.
Thanks, John

su -

or

sudo zypper in kernel-firmware

Oh my thank you so much this has worked perfectly!!! I can’t thank you enough!!!