No wifi connection to printer with Leap 15

Hi
I’ve just upgraded my laptop to Leap 15 (from Leap 42.3) and I’m struggling to get the wireless printing going again. I have a Canon PIXMA MG8150 printer/scanner for which Canon have not upgraded the driver since Jan. 2011 :frowning:
The sticking point for their software seems to be a lack of libtiff.so.3()(64bit). I can’t find a version that will work with Leap 15 and this is necessary to get their printer software working. I have succeeded with their scanning software using the same machine, so I don’t think it is a connection problem.

I could use a usb cable but this would be inconvenient. Another alternative might be to (wirelessly) print via my main computer (running openSUSE Leap 42.3) which is always switched on, but I have no idea how to set this up. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

The helpful suggestions that I received here last time I had this problem unfortunately no longer work.

Thanks

Schrod

Link to existing version such as /usr/lib64/libtiff.so.5.4.0 (Tumbleweed) or whatever Leap 15 has.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to link to an existing version (libtiff5 is what I have). Please will you explain what I need to do.

Thanks again.

Schrod

libtiff3 is inside the graphics Repo:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/binary/download/graphics/tiff3/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/x86_64/tiff3-3.9.5-lp150.2.2.x86_64.rpm

Thanks Sauerland.

Unfortunately the link that you gave was for tiff3 which would not install as it needs libtiff.so.3() I attempted to search on the build website but I’m unfamiliar with it and haven’t succeeded to find libtiff.so.3(). So I’m back to where I started.

Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Schrod

My fault, excuse me:
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/x86_64/libtiff3-3.9.5-lp150.2.2.x86_64.rpm

Thanks again Sauerland.

I have now downloaded libtiff3-3.9.5-lp150.2.2.x86_64.

Unfortunately, Yast won’t install it and I get an error message:

Error loading package list from …/Downloads/libtiff3-3.9.5-lp150.2.2.x86_64.rpm

Opening the package with Ark I can see a file: libtiff.so.3 so I seem to be getting closer to a solution.

How do I install it?

As before, any further suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Schrod

As root:

zypper in /path/to/the/libtiff.rpm

And ignore the qestion about the missing key.

I have now successfully installed libtiff3 and my Canon printer driver, and have a working wireless connection to my printer.

Thanks again Sauerland for your prompt and helpful suggestions.

Schrod