No WiFi After install

I ended up reinstalling Tumbleweed after my bootloader got messed up following a zypper update (I somehow ended up on “grub4dos” and couldn’t figure out how to get back to the standard bootloader). However, I now have no WiFi at all because NetworkManager isn’t detecting any WiFi networks. They’re detected just fine during the install process (using the bcma driver), but I can’t get any at all once I boot into it. Any suggestions?

About ready to give up on Tumbleweed. Tried upgrading twice from a fresh 13.2 install and keep running into problems. Doing it from the install disc I got errors related to a udev device. At that point I could see and connect to the networks but had no internet access. I tried doing a zypper dup and got a kernel panic. Going to try dup again and if it doesn’t work I’ll likely just stay on 13.2.

On Thu, 08 Oct 2015 19:06:01 +0000, Oldiesmann wrote:

> About ready to give up on Tumbleweed. Tried upgrading twice from a fresh
> 13.2 install and keep running into problems. Doing it from the install
> disc I got errors related to a udev device. At that point I could see
> and connect to the networks but had no internet access. I tried doing a
> zypper dup and got a kernel panic. Going to try dup again and if it
> doesn’t work I’ll likely just stay on 13.2.

You might mention what device you’re using and, if it requires special
firmware, if you installed that.

Jim

Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

It’s a Broadcom card. I don’t know if it requires special firmware. With 13.1 I had to install the b43 firmware , but it works fine out of the box with 13.2. If I upgrade from 13.2 to Tumbleweed it shows me connected but I have no internet access. I did try installing the b43 firmware last night after a fresh install of Tumbleweed but that didn’t help.