To better help I need to know a bit better why you believe you have no sound ? i.e. what was your sound test ? Which applications yield no sound ?
What desktop are you using ? (KDE ? Gnome ? LXDE ? XFCE ? other ? ) That desktop selection can change how sound is configured.
Did you check the mixer to ensure sound levels are up ?
Are you familiar with the configurability of Pulse Audio in Leap-42.3 ? … along that line of questions, did you try installing application “pavucontrol” (pulse audio volume control) and use it to configure your sound ? Please note that pulse audio provides the functionality that allows one to send sound to different sound devices on a per application basis. So its credible one’s sound could be nominally ok, but one hears nothing because on a multimedia application basis one is sending sound to an unused hardware audio device.
Also, if trying to play media files that need proprietary audio codecs, its possible your sound won’t play those media files as your Leap-42.3 does not have the codecs installed. In which case a recommended approach is to add the packman packager full repository, change system files to Packman, and then update one’s multimedia apps and add the necessary codecs from the Packman packager repository.
If you need guidance with any of the above, please advise as there are users on our forum who can quickly give you the details how to do the above.
If nothing seems to work, providing more information on your audio software/hardware configuration would help, and that can be done by sending the following command as a regular user in a konsole/xterm with PC connected to the internet:
and select the SHARE/UPLOAD option when prompted and then let the script run to completion. When it is complete look in the konsole / xterm and copy the web-address/URL given to this thread, so we can then examine your PC’s audio configuration as reported by that script.
Following your suggestion I installed Pulse Audio Volume Control and the solution was immediate: the output was addressed to the wrong hardware. When I changed the option To Analogic Digital Stereo I recovered the sound. So simple!