No sound with suse 13.2

Hi,

Apologies to raise this again - i never fixed this before since 13.2 upgrade.

The sounds works for audacity. I tried the aplay earlier in the thread and this works.

What does not work is the following :

1. In System Settings -> Audio and Video Settings -> Audio Hardware Setup -> Soundcard is set to Inbuilt Audio (snd-hda-intel device driver series 7 C210) - which is then set to Analogue Stereo Output.
  2. Device Configuration is set to Sound Device = HDMI - and keeps on reverting to this. I change to Playback (Built In Analogue Stereo) and the test does NOT work.
  3. Video (sound) and amazon streaming music samples for albums does not work.

Alsa and Audio are all set to 100%.

Any ideas on what to do - which areas to examine.

Thanks and regards,

Shadders.

Hi Shadders. You’re best served by starting your own new thread with descriptive title, rather than tacking on to an existing thread like this. In any case, read the Audio_troubleshooting guide first, and post all relevant hardware details concerning your hardware.

Hi Deano,

Thanks - will do.

Regards,

Shadders.

There could be more than one cause for this. Running a diagnostic script would help narrow down the cause. One possibility is HDMI device is card-0 and not card-1. Its also possible analogue audio runs a different instance of same alsa sound module as HDMI which can cause varying behaviour. Pulse audio volume control (pavucontrol) may also have different sound devices assigned to different applications. These are possible to sort but more information is necessary to sort such.

Be certain to start a new thread so we can help you sort this.