No Sound - Providing Alsa-Info.

Hello, Ever since I have installed a fresh copy of openSuSE 11.1, I could never get my sound working.
My Alsa-Info is here: upload=true&script=true&cardin - Anonymous - f1QRBnCR - Pastebin.com

If you can help me with this issue - Please reply ASAP.

P.S. I do not want to install a later version Linux if I can keep from it.

Note the support for openSUSE-11.1 won’t be much longer …

… anyway, I note a Compaq-Presario RX894AA-ABA SR5013WM running a 32-bit openSUSE-11.1 with the 2.6.27.7-9-pae kernel and 1.0.17 and 1.0.18 of alsa. You Compaq’s hardware audio codec is an ALC888 which is common for a lot of new hardware and can be trick to auto configure with an older version of alsa (like you have). Superior automatic configuration of hardware was mostly noticeable as of 1.0.21 of alsa.

I recommend you type:

rpm -qa '*alsa*'
libasound2

and make special note of what versions you have. Then following this guide: SDB:Alsa-update - openSUSE and update to 1.0.23 of alsa being certain to update ALL the alsa apps that you listed previous, and also install the appropriate alsa-driver-kmp-pae to match your pae kernel 2.6.27.7_9 .

After you ‘think’ you successfully updated, double check. I have had dozens of users claim they (1) updated, (2) that it still does not work, when (3) they did not update and (4) it does not still work because they messed up the update and did not confirm they had a successful update.

Good luck, and don’t forget to reboot after updating.

Thanks, After doing what you said, Only my rear plugs work, And I had my headset connected to my front plugs. So, Thanks anyways, Atleast it works.