see also
SDB:AudioTroubleshooting - openSUSE

go to yast hardware sound
and configure there

hi dear
i have done that
but nothing happen to hear
thanks for ur reply

As caf4926 noted, please try working your way through the openSUSE audio troubleshooting guide. SDB:AudioTroubleshooting - openSUSE

Please copy and paste the following into an xterm/konsole and use it as your future audio functionality test:
speaker-test -Dplug:front -c2 -l5 -twav
you should hear a female voice say ‘left’ / ‘right’ five times.

If the Audio Troubleshooting Guide does not work for you, then I can still try help, but I need more information. So please do the following in one session … To start, with your laptop connected to the internet, in an xterm/konsole run the following diagnostic script:

wget http://home.cfl.rr.com/infofiles/tsalsa && su -c 'bash ./tsalsa' 

when prompted for password, please enter your root password. That script will provide you a URL when it is finished. Please copy and paste that URL here.

Then please also copy and paste the following, one line at a time, into an xterm/konsole and post the output here:
rpm -qa | grep alsa
rpm -q libasound2
uname -a
cat /etc/modprobe.d/sound

Also, reboot your PC and immediately after the reboot, please run in an xterm/konsole:
dmesg > dmesg.txt
and open the file “dmesg.txt” with a text editor, and copy/paste the contents of that to general pastebin - simplified internet collaboration , submit it, and post the URL you are provided here.

In addition to following the recommendation in my previous post, please also plug in (to the output jack) a set of headphones (NOT USB headphones) and see there is sound being routed through that output jack during your various sound tests.

Please also check to ensure sound is switched ON in your BIOS (if there is such a software bios switch - there may not be) … and also check your modem status in your BIOS. Some Toshiba laptops require the modem be switched ON in the BIOS for the audio to work (I know thats bizzare, but what can one say ?? :rolleyes:)