No sound in Movies and Browser(flash video)

I also had this problem but fixed it by turning up the volume of PCM via alsamixer

All controls are at maximum level in alsamixer window. Now i cant even listen to music. Even system sound is also really pathetic (echoing thrice for every control). I have updated alsa driver to the latest one, but the problem continue to persist. My good thought on Opensuse is fading away because of this sound issue.

I am not even able to launch alsamixer :frowning:

I got it corrected by finding out where mixer is and increasing vol of pcm… It works
But the alsa mixer when launched is still not launching itself

Really fed up with opensuse because of this sound issue. going back to pclinux / ubuntu. may be i have to wait till new opensuse release for next try.

Try this just worked for me after long hours of frustration and finger pointing. Go back to KMix and un-mute IEC958. Something I overlooked the first time as everyone points to PCM as a solution. Give it a try.

Regards

***adsum01nl

Try this just worked for me after long hours of frustration and finger pointing. Go back to KMix and un-mute IEC958. Something I overlooked the first time as everyone points to PCM as a solution. Give it a try.

Regards 

Tried this too all the bar in the lmix are un muted and at the maximum. Still having the echo…

caf4926, Ty for you post, i don’t know what the issue with other peoples systems are, but the fix you mentioned about Kmix worked fine for me, I switched from Gnome to KDE and I never knew about Kmix until you brought it up…Thanks for the help.

Happy to hear that…

Re: No sound in Movies and Browser(flash video)

Download alsamixer from yast, then write in terminal alsamixer and increase the bars.

Send the results!!!