No sound in Kaffeine

Hello,

I have since a short while no sound playing my video-files in Kaffeine. It works using Dragon Player, but I don’t know how to configure my system to set this as my standard player. So I am looking either for a solution for Kaffeines sound, or the configuration of the files for dragon player.

Thanks in advance, Frank

Is this on 11.4? Use the Packman Factory repo.
In Systemsettings - Fileassociations, you can set the priority of Kaffeine over that of Dragonplayer.

You did not mention which version of Kaffeine you are using. Kaffeine uses the xine engine for audio output. But its configuration seems a little odd in that there seems to be no xine configuration you can get to with KDE4 that changes the way Kaffeine works with xine. I have determined that, you can install the xine-ui, modify your xine configuration and then copy that for use with the new Kaffeine. Please read through the following thread.

KDE 4 Phonon xine-backend Configuration

Now we must assume that the issue is not your multimedia setup and that you have went through this thread (to the very end) here and followed the instructions:

Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide

I have a script file that can determine if your Multimedia is setup as required here in message #40:

MMCHECK - Check Your Multimedia in 10 Steps - Script File, as proposed by RedDwarf

Let us know if anything here was helpful to you.

Thank You,

I am using 11.3, so that is not the problem. I already found the settings for dragon player, and I will leave it like that, because I think the player is better.

thanks, Frank