I’m new to Linux, and I have a problem.
I don’t have sound in flash-players in any browsers at all:( But in amarok and xine everything is ok…
Please, help me to configure my Linux right.
As I understand I have all needed codecs, I tried to delete pulseaudio and libflash support, but with no success.
I have Linux SuSe 11.1 with Kde 4.3.
What is the output of copying and pasting the following into a konsole:
rpm --query --all 'libav*' 'libpostproc*' 'libswscale*' '*xine*' '*gst*' '*layer*' '*flash' '*vlc*' | grep -v avahi | sort
The answer is:
rpm --query --all 'libav*' 'libpostproc*' 'libswscale*' '*xine*' '*gst*' '*layer*' '*flash' '*vlc*' | grep -v avahi |sort flash-player-10.0.32.18-0.1.1 gst-fluendo-mp3-2-37.3 gstreamer-0_10-0.10.21-3.13 gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base-0.10.21-2.19 gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-0.10.10-3.19 gstreamer-0_10-schroedinger-1.0.5-2.20 gstreamer-0_10-utils-0.10.21-3.13 gstreamer-utils-0.10.21-3.13 kde4-kmplayer-0.11.1b-0.pm.2 kmplayer-0.10.0c-0.pm.4 libavcodec52-0.5-0.pm.3 libavdevice52-0.5-0.pm.3 libavformat52-0.5-0.pm.3 libavutil49-0.5-0.pm.3 libgstinterfaces-0_10-0-0.10.21-2.19 libgstreamer-0_10-0-0.10.21-3.13 libpostproc51-0.5-0.pm.3 libswscale0-0.5-0.pm.3 libxine1-126.96.36.199-0.pm.3 libxine1-32bit-1.1.15-23.4.1 libxine1-codecs-188.8.131.52-0.pm.3 libxine1-gnome-vfs-184.108.40.206-0.pm.3 libxine1-pulse-220.127.116.11-0.pm.3 MPlayer-1.0rc2_r29116-2.pm.2 mplayerplug-in-3.55-0.pm.1 phonon-backend-gstreamer-0_10-4.2.0-40.18 phonon-backend-xine-4.1.3-4.1 pullin-flash-player-11.1-1.1 xine-browser-plugin-1.0.2-0.pm.0 xinetd-2.3.14-129.35 xine-ui-0.99.5cvs-20090203.pm.0821 xine-ui-32bit-0.99.5-221.41
There are some things I would change. … I can not categorically say if they are causing you this problem, but they have caused me problems in the past, so, I recommend you:
- replace your gstreamer apps with packman packaged versions
- replace your libgxxxx apps with packman packaged versions
- remove kmplayer - I had problems in the past with it interfering with my browser with mplayerplug-in (that was MANY years ago - not sure if still the case)
- remove xine-browser-plugin - I had problems in the past with it interfering with my browser with mplayerplug-in (that was MANY years ago - not sure if still the case)
Note in Linux more is not often better. Often it can be worse.
I replaced gstreamer and all libgxxx apps with packman versions, but with no success.
Then I turned off all mplayer plugins for Firefox, and tried to start music, but I heard nothing. My father told me to install VLC, and now everyrhing is really perfect! Everyrhing is ok.
Thank you for help.