I have read some posts about sound problems here. I have same sound problem - I listen nothing.
I have SuSE Linux 11.1 64-bit. I did steps describes in my start-up manual “openSuSE 11.1” chapter 2.4, but I have not any sounds.
My system has next equipments:
- CPU - Intel Core 2 Quard 9550 (2.84 Ghz)
- RAM - DDR3 8 GB
- Motherboard - XFX nForce 790i ultra 3-way SLI. It has three slots PCI Express x16 for graphic cards. I made “dual-head” monitors system. It works.
- Two graphic cards - Palit GeForce 9500GT and two monitors - NEC LCD1970NX and HP LP2275w
My system has two sound devices:
- built-in to motherBoard - HDA MCP55 from nVidia;
- sound card in PCI slot - Sound Blaster Audigy 4 [SB0610].
The YAST recognized both devices, but when I runnig xWindow I have not any sounds and have the negative message from “Phonon” only.
I did on my computer your advices to users: “sven25”, “mhibist” and “road-movie”, but hear nothing again.
I send you my listing below. Can you help me some advices?
1. speaker-test -Dplug:front -c2 -l5 -twav
I see runnihg that command on screen but hear nothing.
I have not this file.
3. rpm -qa | grep alsa
4. rpm -qa | grep pulse
5. rpm -q libasound2
6. uname -a
Linux jr-14 18.104.22.168-0.1-default #1 SMP 2009-08-15 17:53:59 +0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
options snd slots=snd-emu10k1,snd-hda-intel
ZvjX.up6Wra2JIU9:SB0400 Audigy2 Value
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
rKvl.IkFmmAtuYDC:MCP55 High Definition Audio
alias snd-card-1 snd-hda-intel
I want to listen sounds in my system. Can you help me?