No sound - gateway laptop - pluseaudio messages

First of all, I am a Linux beginner, so please be gentle…

I am running openSUSE 1.11 on my Gateway t-6245 laptop. I have no sound capability. Pasted below are all of the messages I could find in /var/log/messages that seem to relate to this problem. Could anyone please help?

Thx,

• Russ

#############Pasted messages follow##################

Jun 17 19:11:38 linux-0vw1 pulseaudio[7935]: module-hal-detect.c: Error gettingcapability: org.freedesktop.Hal.NoSuchDevice: No device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_parport_pc_956
Jun 17 19:11:38 linux-0vw1 pulseaudio[7935]: module-hal-detect.c: Error gettingcapability: org.freedesktop.Hal.NoSuchDevice: No device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_parport_pc_632
Jun 18 11:39:54 linux-0vw1 pulseaudio[3375]: main.c: High-priority scheduling enabled in configuration but not allowed by policy.
Jun 18 11:39:54 linux-0vw1 pulseaudio[3375]: core-util.c: setpriority(): Permission denied
Jun 18 11:39:54 linux-0vw1 pulseaudio[3375]: ltdl-bind-now.c: Failed to find original dlopen loader.
Jun 18 11:39:55 linux-0vw1 pulseaudio[3379]: pid.c: Daemon already running.

Also running openSUSE 11.1 on my Gateway FX (p-7805u) laptop with Conexant HD SmartAudio 221 sound card. I have no sound. I’m looking for the drivers for it. If I find anything, I’ll post back and let you know.

If anyone else has already solved this problem, please post a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Found a couple of things to try:

Welcome to 3111skyline.com

Alsa-update - openSUSE

SDB:AudioTroubleshooting - openSUSE

To fix this problem on the gateway is kind of different, but here we go…
install amarok and kaffiene once they are installed you need to also load KMIX then in yast opem software management and locate the following,
libdvdcss
win32codecsall
these two files for some reason on the gateway laptops always work,you will then have audio and video capabilities on most 32 bit and 64 bit gateway machines i have never had a gateway sound problem using these parameters…i hope this will help!